The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new rod in September I am trying to decide between the Teklon 802, Sakura Mazzera and the Sakura Rookie. Looking for that little bit more lure control and action the a 7ft - 8ft rod gives without breaking the bank.

I have my standard 9ft Ugly Stick that i will never part with :mrgreen: but looking for any additional advice or personal experience with these rods as i have read anything and virtually everything on the tinter net about them any advice greatly received.

Thanks
Scottie

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Looking to buy a new rod in September I am trying to decide between the Teklon 802, Sakura Mazzera and the Sakura Rookie. Looking for that little bit more lure control and action the a 7ft - 8ft rod gives without breaking the bank.

I have my standard 9ft Ugly Stick that i will never part with :mrgreen: but looking for any additional advice or personal experience with these rods as i have read anything and virtually everything on the tinter net about them any advice greatly received.

Thanks
Scottie
Scott when you try one of the 'new' breed of dedicated lure/plug rods you will be using the ugly stick rod for propping up plants in the garden.:grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Scott
I have got a Teklon 802 - it is a lovely rod. Nice feel to it and very light. Cant comment on the others but the Teklon was my first choice - and I dont regret it. It's a great all rounder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am told that next month there is another rod coming out which will be pitched between the Teklon and Tenyru, supposedly picking up the best of both. We'll see I suppose but I'm keeping an eye open for them. Pitched around the £200 mark I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts