Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Yes they look very nice!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Interesting and not overly expensive. the 6'10"/7'10" model looks the most suitable for UK stuff I guess?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ahh so a shorter section flys out to sea after a few casts lol (love travel rods I do ;) )

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wonder if it isn't just a speedmaster under a different name....?????
http://www.summerlands-tackle.co.uk/product.php/22709/shimano-speedmaster-stc-spinning-2-10-2-40m
Certainly looks it..
I have one and it's a fairly decent rod for the price, the two length option is great although it does feel unbalanced at its longer length.
Can't see how they could sort this unless they included a balancing system, i can balance the longer length with a different reel but carrying a second reel kind of defeats the point of it being interchangeable.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mmmm, travel rods. I do love a good travel rod thread.

You're right Beachalot, they do look just like the Speedmaster STCs. What's the action like on your Speedmaster? Are they fast like the name suggests? Which length did you go for?

For that matter, anyone got any opinions on the Savage Gear Roadrunner or the Hart Bloody Trek? They appear to be the most suitable travel rods for our stuff - fast action (stiff!!).

Any other travel rod suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts