The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new to this forum but already gleamed so much info :-D.i live in gloucester (not much bass here :-D ).but travel down to newquay whenever .looking to catch my first bass only had a mackerel so far .fished falmouth pendennis castle rocks / the beach st mic's mount /rocks between newlyn and penlee l/b station all around pentire headland and cought nowt :cry::cry::cry:.i am looking for tips fishing buddies etc please please help :geek:.can /will travel down most wkends . yours kevin pugh :-D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Kevin welcome to the forum. I have learned so much from here and so I am sure you will soon know enough to get that first fish. I would suggest get in touch with Ben Field and visit his new shop when you get down next. I can vouch that Ben is a very experienced angler and a really top fella. I am sure he will be able to advise you.

http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=4118&p=64284#post64284

The Art of fishing (Bens shop) is one of the adverts on this site.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate will do i see its at st merryn which is just up the road from my place down there:grin:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Just watch the plastic!! Shops like that are just toooo tempting! Ben sorted me out with a couple of Jackson Artists and I picked up a 3lber yesterday and my third cast!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just watch the plastic!! Shops like that are just toooo tempting! Ben sorted me out with a couple of Jackson Artists and I picked up a 3lber yesterday and my third cast!
Thanks mate! You knew you would! Good work!! :D

Definitely Kev, if you're in the area let me know and we'll go out for a few hours. Had half a dozen yesterday so they are here. Let me know your plans and I'll check with Jo that I'm allowed out to play!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a big thank you

i just like to say a big thank you to ben field. i did manage to hook up with him for 2 sessions over the weekend.what a great guy caught nowt lol but boy did i learn so much .this guy taught me about where i should be fishing -safety at all times -presentation his wealth of knowledge is vast and will have to get him to take me again if he's not to busy in his new shop .good luck with it ben and once again a big thank you ....top bloke

kev

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kev....looks like you're taking advantage of the great people on the forum already.....;-)

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to true mate best way to learn is from those that know (and share )

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thanks Kev. Like I've said elsewhere, it was a pleasure. Conditions were poop so getting one schoolie out was about the best we could muster. Next time...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I only really got into serious bass fishing Kevin about four years ago. I am now addicted to it. There is so much to learn and this site is perhaps the best place to learn.

Nick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Kev, I also managed to hook myself onto lure fishing before actually hooking with a lure (well, in terms of a Bass anyway!) Different circumstances for me, as it was quicker (and easier) to hop on a plane and get to Jersey, than to drive to anywhere that I felt more confident to succeed. Hooked up with Jersey Bass Guides and caught my first ever lure Bass (6lb 10oz.) Lure fishing, collecting lures, and trying to digest all the good info on this site is infectious - enjoy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Kevin, There is a bit of bass lure fishing a little to the west of me, but it realy starts to look up in North Devon, though Dorset and South Devon would be a similar distance for you. Jersey Bass Guides as mentioned by Tony, is a great site, go give it a google!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers guys ... simon where in north devon ?? and always wiling 4 a hook up

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
p.s have tried hele bay

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Kevin, Re North Devon, it"s all good, but rocky areas around the surf beaches, Woolacombe,Croyde,Saunton,Westward Ho! would be a good place to start. The Taw/Torridge estuary would be an excellent venue if it blows up rough (rocks are tough at the best of times,esp when you don"t know your way around) + it"s got good numbers of smaller fish.
I dont get down there too often, and am by no means an expert! Check out the South West catch reports and see what the locals are up to!
If I'm going down that way I'll give you shout. ( South Wales might also be good for you + locals seem friendly!)

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cheers si would defo be up for a venture out dont mind travelling ( ave no option lol )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts