The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

first post here. I have just returned from a holiday in Cornwall and have been bitten by the bug but I'm not sure where to go next. I live in Bristol and the Channel isn't the ideal spot for some lure fishing so where would be my nearest mark? I am thinking it might have to be a trip to the south coast or maybe North Deven or South West Wales. I'm willing to travel but want to know where to consider next

Cheers

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Hi there,

first post here. I have just returned from a holiday in Cornwall and have been bitten by the bug but I'm not sure where to go next. I live in Bristol and the Channel isn't the ideal spot for some lure fishing so where would be my nearest mark? I am thinking it might have to be a trip to the south coast or maybe North Deven or South West Wales. I'm willing to travel but want to know where to consider next

Cheers
Welcome to the forum Chris. We have a fine group of bumbling pluggers over here in South Wales, and you would be very welcome to join us for a session. We're out most weekends. You can either join us on the Gower, or on one of our outings down to West Wales. I would guess it's about an hour or so for you to get down to the Gower - not far at all.

PM me for more details or to arrange something if you fancy it. :D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Welcome Chris,

There is a strong contingent of lures angles in South & West Wales who fish every weekend, let us know if you are interested :-D

Edit,

Yep, Simon you beat me to the invite :-D

Reactions: chris hughes

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Also I believe there are a good number of anglers in North Devon. Wetsward Ho must be within easy reach and I have seen some catch reports from there I am sure. Time to get the Ordnance Survey maps out and cross reference with Google Earth for likely spots. Thereafter plenty of leg work to work out some marks of your own as well as joining some members local to you.
Good luck and welcome!

Reactions: chris hughes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the welcome. Simon, Steve, I would probably take you up on the offer as it would be good to get some local knowledge. I think the Gower is around 2 hours drive but that should be fine. Let me know when you are off next and i will check my calendar

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
519 Posts
welcome to the forum chris, remember there's more to lure fishing than just bass, why don't you have a go for pike, perch, zander etc, there must be plenty of waters around if you don't have the time to hit the coast.

all the best

kev

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have just returned from a holiday in Cornwall and have been bitten by the bug but I'm not sure where to go next.
Chris like you I picked up the plugging bug whilst on holiday in Cornwall a few years ago when I happened to see a sign for Ed Schliffke at Treyarnon Bay offering to teach people how to fish.
It's certaintly exciting times to be a Man City fan.

Glen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris like you I picked up the plugging bug whilst on holiday in Cornwall a few years ago when I happened to see a sign for Ed Schliffke at Treyarnon Bay offering to teach people how to fish.
It's certaintly exciting times to be a Man City fan.

Glen
Well if you believe all the rumours around at the moment next sesson will definitely be interesting.

Wish I found a similar service to you in Cornwall, I took myself off a few hours a couple of early mornings and tried it myself. Even though I blanked I found it more enjoyable throwing worms to the crabs while watching my rod.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wish I found a similar service to you in Cornwall, I took myself off a few hours a couple of early mornings and tried it myself. Even though I blanked I found it more enjoyable throwing worms to the crabs while watching my rod.
Chris I was a complete novice at the time with no kit, but over the next few years Ed taught me how to fish from scratch not just how to fish with lures, though I always preferred lures and never do anything else these days as the only chances I get to fish are on holiday, hence the quest to move to Dorset.

Following City also severely restricts my fishing time and is another good reason for trying to move to the sea so that I can hopefully wean myself off one addiction albeit at the expense of getting completely hooked on another. :roll:

Glen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris I was a complete novice at the time with no kit, but over the next few years Ed taught me how to fish from scratch not just how to fish with lures, though I always preferred lures and never do anything else these days as the only chances I get to fish are on holiday, hence the quest to move to Dorset.

Following City also severely restricts my fishing time and is another good reason for trying to move to the sea so that I can hopefully wean myself off one addiction albeit at the expense of getting completely hooked on another. :roll:

Glen
i know about the desire to move to the coast. Moving to Bristol was a stepping stone to get the wife to a proper coast when we left London. Still working on the final leg though :)

well I found that even though I'm a distance away now I still find the time to log on to iraqigoals and watch city on a saturday/sunday. But then again the footie season isn't really bass season most of the time is it ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts