The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my new toy arrived from the US of A today. Stuck in snow in the Uk then here but got here in the end.

Pfleugar Supreme 9035XT.

It's gold in colour so people might think I have a VS!! Til they feel it. Silky smooth, even more so than my twinpower, very nice.

Hope to get out for a bit of rockie bashing to test it out.

£70 plus post from the states.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That looks a nice reel with a good spec and a very good price. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Looks sweet Andy. You seem to be getting on with this brand, seems pretty underrated eh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey nice buy mate looks really good,anyone has some info on the numbers i mean the size of these reels compared lets say to a 3000 shimano?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
They do look a good reel. After loving using a couple of Abu's when I got in to this game, I've got a lot of respect for some of the Pure Fishing brands. Pfleuger in this country come under the Shakespeare name - who perhaps don't have the best rep these days (in contrast, Pfleuger are huge abroad!?!), but obviously make some nice reels: http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk/pag...lround-reels/shakespeare-supreme-magnesium-xt (I'd link to the manufacturers page if it wasn't built in flash and I wasn't on my iPod)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
As far as a I can tell. There are a couple of tiny differences in the stats(5g's here, 10yds there...) but I don't even know whether they're rel differences or not. I doubt it. There are loads of Pfleuger models replicated between the two brands. One thing that Pflleuger do do is to release a wider range of sizes of some models, which can sometimes be beneficial.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Shakey in bens link looks the same as the Pfleugar to me but I would still rather not use something with shakespear on it... never had much good gear from them.

Reel performed well just like my last pfleugar (shakespear...), excellent drag, ultra smooth and a bit of bling for a good price!!

1204Rockie1.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Definitely. Thats what I mean though mate. I'd be one of those who probably shunned a Shakey reel as well, but the whole of the Pure fishing stable has come quite a long way now. Truth is though, they're the same. I really fancy these, some of the Mitchell's and some of the Abu's too. I think there's actually a bit of a crossover with the Mitchell reels here as well (with Pfleugar). While Pure Fishing only seem to sell Abu and Pfleugar abroad, they seem to expand the Pfleugar stuff here across two brands (Mitchell and Shakespeare) - with a few exclusive UK models as well to specifically suit the coarse and sea markets.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've just got a Shakespeare Atlantis SWFF rod and as mentioned elsewhere, I'm reall impressed.
Also had a look at the Pfleuger fly reels last week and again pretty impressive.
I certainly wouldn't rule their stuff out in the same way that I would of in the past.
For me, that's what forum's are about. We all get to see & share info and know that its genuine information, and not based on the manufacturers press release. As has been discussed before, I think that are behind in what is going on with lure & SWFF at the moment so we often need to rely on reviews just like this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts