The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some nice deliveries in the post today.

After doing some bodging of worms I bought some mini SPs I could not actually believe how small they are.

In the picture
10g Ball - 3" grub on 10g Jig Head
7g Standup - 3" grub on 7g Dart Jig Head
7g Dart - Home bodged worm on size 2 Aberdeen hook with bullet lead
- 1.5" crayfish
3g size 2 hook - 2" grub
2g size 4 hook - 1.5" swim shad

I have to say I am really excited about trying these new ones out (bottom 3). The top three have accounted for a fish each so far. I think the swim shad will be a hit. I mostly got the crayfish because they look cool. I am sure there will be catch reports forthcoming if the fish oblige.

Now to cast those mini ones I got the below rod rated 3-12g I have never seen anything like it, it is seriously thin. Bear in mind I am new to this whole sea lure fishing thing.

Now I just need to get a couple of landing nets and an opportunity to try it all out.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice toys, Jeremy. I reckon you got the last pack of those 2" green curltail grubs as they had sold out when I made my order! Good luck and keep us posted on successes...

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Jeremy, where did you get the Firefly? What was the damage? I've got a few of the little SPs on the way and will need a rod to match. I'm dithering over a cormoran or a firefly or similar...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Tim, the Firefly rods are available on ebay (I got one too!). The firm that makes them is closing down so they are selling their stock off cheap. If they have any left they are at £23 as a Buy-it-now price or they are auctioning them for an opening bid of £19. The hard carry case is worth that!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As stated above I got the lures off AGM and the rod off ebay. Very smooth transaction the carry case is really solid and the rod appears to have a very soft tip then a bit more beef further down. When I first took it out I could not believe how small the top 3 guides are.

On the cast this weekend it faired ok with a 3g jig size 2 with a 1.5" swim shad, which I was casting plenty far enough to catch, with a
7g 3" grub it was going miles.

I am interested to see what happens when I catch something in th 1.5lb region. I caught one on Saturday see the Channel Island reports, but it was micro.

I am no rod expert but as someone said on here for £29 deliverd how bad would it have to be to be a bad buy. Ok so if I lose a 5lb Bass I might be a bit annoyed but only time will tell.

Jeremy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts