The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through three pairs of Scierras ( Replaced under warranty ) since January this year .. I gave up on Scierra

Splashed out a few quid and bought a pair of Korkers guide boots

Im a size 11 , the website recommended the next size up to allow for waders ... and they were spot on .. fit like a glove and the boa lacing system is so fecking kool

I got the trail lug sole and the studded felt ..I've been wearing them round work all day :D and they are the most comfortable wading boots I've ever worn

http://www.korkers.com/footwear/fishing/guide-wading-boot.html

Full report after 10 days fishing in Wexford ..roll on Thursday

Andy

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
They look corking Andy !!!! :D

I'll have to remember those when my wading boots go in the bin at the end of the season !!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hi andy,was lookin at these before i got my greys plats.Crackin idea with the different soles and the lace wheel.Is the lace wheel salt proof?I LIKE EM!!!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
They look cool Andy, how does the sole lock into place.....is there any chance of it slipping/popping off when your clambering over the rough stuff?

I can vouch for the patagonia riverwalker with a stitched felt sole....bombproof :D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Was wondering if there was any further feedback on the performance of these boots :?:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Very similar to snowboard boots. The 'lace' system is commonly used on ski boots also, be interesting to see how they hold up to use in the sea.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I had a wakeboard with the same system for the lace's , all you have to do is spray them after each use with wd40.

Then you should have no problem with the mechanism .

The only thing i could say is that the knob is held on with a small screw and with all the rocky areas that we go over you need to be carful not to catch the wheel or it will come off, i broke 2 of my wakeboard just getting into the sea.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I use Simms Freestone and they are great.
How do they hold up in the salt water Nick with the metal guides for the laces need to invest again myself shortly, have seen the greys g series the grx series and the platinums all let the side down this year with my fellow anglers...thr g series seems to be the most robust of the 3..........

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Andy,

looking forward to how your report following your first session with the Korkers. Look the business. can they cope with salt water though. It's what we all want but no manufacturer has yet addressed.

Really look forward to your report.

Have fun and catch fish!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Andy,

looking forward to how your report following your first session with the Korkers. Look the business. can they cope with salt water though. It's what we all want but no manufacturer has yet addressed.

Really look forward to your report.

Have fun and catch fish!!
Im sure he'll appreciate those words of encouragement . . . . . 3 months later :shock:.

:rofl:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Andy, I hope I'm not treading on your new boots:-D…....

I got a pair of korker guide boots about a month ago. My first pair of wading boots so I don't really have a bench mark to go off but…….

Matt Newcombe

Very similar to snowboard boots. The 'lace' system is commonly used on ski boots also, be interesting to see how they hold up to use in the sea.
That was the first thing that sprang to mind when I first tried them on. Clear parallels in both silhouette and ankle support, which on the latter point is a bonus as there is plenty of scope for twisting an ankle rock hopping.

I also brought a size up from my normal size. I'm usually a 9 1/2 or 10 so I opted for the 11, which I found a little on the generous side. Ditching the standard insole for a pair of Sorbothane insoles made for snug fit, whilst also improving the comfort to boot:-D

What soled me *Ahem*:-D was the flexibility of being able to change the sole depending on the conditions underfoot. One of my marks is a quick 10 minute walk away from home so it is very handy to be able to swap the rubber sole for the studded felt ones, and crack on with some fishing.

Swapping soles is a quick two minute job, they lock into the boot itself at the toe, and require levering into place at three points along one side of the boot with a small tool (that comes included) before you pull the strap onto the lug on the upper heal to secure the sole. No dramas with soles coming adrift on the water at all.

At the end of every session the insoles come out, soles come off, and they get a thorough rinse then the "laces" get a quick spray with WD40. I have noticed that shingle and grit have worked its way into the grooves on the boot that the soles lock into, but by removing the soles and giving them a good blast with the hose pipe that eliminates any problems that could be caused by letting the debris between the boot and sole build up.

All in all happy with them so far.

·
Banned
792 Posts
They look cool Andy, how does the sole lock into place.....is there any chance of it slipping/popping off when your clambering over the rough stuff?

I can vouch for the patagonia riverwalker with a stitched felt sole....bombproof :D

Simon, do you still wear them? How do they do till today?
On patagonia page they say, changeable sole. Did you try the sticky sole on these also? Or only felt and studs? How are the studs?

Thx
Thomas

1 - 20 of 34 Posts