The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I am new to lure fishing and I am looking for some advice and tips please.

I have been using a site called The Lure Box for new lures and to get some ideas on catching large predators this year. After much time on the website I was wondering if anybody here has used (and had success) with any of the following lures for big perch and big pike? (Links added for photo reference):
Having spoken to the owner, he has suggested that they have some lures in from abroad, which while not being as well known / used in the UK, they are still awesome lures which catch loads of fish. The photos seem to suggest this is true.

My PB perch is just over 1lb and I have lost 2 big perch over 3lbs on the river Thames, so I am keen to catch both large perch and beat my current pike record of 8lbs.

I am new to lure fishing so any advice is welcome. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Not used them. They look good, for Pike, not Perch (too big?) but expensive. The main thing to remember as a beginner is that there is no magic lure, and that you will lose a lot!
Buy cheaper SP's, and concentrate on where and how you fish them. Look at the savage gear and Fox rage ranges.
Never seen this website before, and there isnt much about them on the site. Where are they based?
Let us know when you catch the Perch that takes SP's that big. The photo will be worth posting!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Michael. There are other sizes in the range which would suit perch better I think (also other models). Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

Terry, very good point and dually noted!

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts