The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried fishing on the top for an hour or so this morning and nothing showed. My mate Jeremy (Jez) then turned up and we decided to cover a little bit of ground together. First chuck for me on the feed shallow (red/gold) and the reel locked up and line then started to strip. Fish was 57cm and looked about 4.5lb in weight. So again not big but good fun at that. Lovely fight and released after a quick photo or two.
I left Jez to it half an hour or so later, as I was hungry and my wife was getting breakfast ready.
So not a bad couple of hours on reflection.
Haven't blanked for a while now, so the fishing is picking up.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Blimey Nigel - sounds like a decent fish to me. I loved my Red&Gold feed Shallow now sadly given back to the sea....

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I echo the sentiments of the previous gentlemen posters. I'd be happy with a 4.5lber pulling my string!

And I have a newly obtained Feed Shallow in that colour. Something about that colour gives me confidence.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Was a beauty! Well done Guns. I only hung on for another 40 mins or so.
Went back to surface lures, still nothing, so thought I'd call it, get home early to get some browny points so I can give it a good go tonight.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was a beauty! Well done Guns. I only hung on for another 40 mins or so.
Went back to surface lures, still nothing, so thought I'd call it, get home early to get some browny points so I can give it a good go tonight.
As always Jez, great company to fish with. Let us know how you get on tonight.
Cheers Guns

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Nigel and a nice fish at 4.5lbs, I to had a new feed shallow in orange and gold this week and it looks stunning :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts