The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, sorry it took so long.

North Cornish coast and a long walk down to a nice boulder strewn mark at low water.

On with a suspending lure, bang it out, take up slack, wait, big sweep , twitch, pause, retireve, feel the vibes down the braid.. it's good to zonk...

Picked up a lively schoolie of around a pound or so... good start.

about a hour passed without any interest and so I movd to a long, deep gully, kelp wafting on both sides..
cast about 20 yards to the end where the current was tearing around the point. the lure hardly hit the surface and wallop, headshakes and deep runs, this was a better fish and was using the current to good effect.. some hard steering and a bit of luck saw him safely in.. 5lb 6oz... cracker!

Off again... three turns of the handle and i'm in again, not such a powerfull fight, more wallowing, but holding deep. gave up quite easily really... but a bigger fish.. 6lb on the button and fat as butter. piccie attached.

A really good morning and even the sweaty walk up was worth it...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Garry! Bout time you showed up! :p Great few fish! Definitely bigger than anything I've seen this season!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning work Gary, well done and a cracking fish !

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Great session Gary, and a great first post-nice pic too.
Well done!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yes Garry nice fish and a nice little report too i hope there is more where that came from

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Super fish Garry. Hope to get something like that myself soon...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts