The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a nice trip out with Derek Buesnel on the s/e coast was all going well but nearly ended in disaster

First of 5 bass went to Derek at just over 4lbs caught on an original redgill

then I had a fish of around 2.5lbs on a yellow and red redgill

Derek had another one of around 3lbs on a swim senko

then it was my turn with one around a similar size

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1274/4712540822_fe7c3420a0.jpg[\img]

around half an hour later I had another bass on the yellow red redgill whilst we also took pollack garfish and Derek had a wrasse of around 3lbs.

Then disaster the cable went on the engine (just serviced) so that the engine would not go into gear causing us to drift onto a rock. I do not think there was much damage and then I managed to get the auxillary working. This was being watched by two near by kayak fisherman.

lesson learnt have the auxillary ready to go you never know when you need it.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Alan

Thankfully you are both okay. Boats & engines can be repaired.
Consider buying a kayak each :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Just glad to read you are both OK Alan, good fishing though :-D

·
Registered
519 Posts
at least your able to report your problem, others have not been so lucky! over the years, hopefully you'll remember to check the aux out board and check what they've done on the service.

all the best and glad your both ok.

kev

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I take it you have learnt the most valuable lesson on the sea Alan.............never rely on a bloody kayaker to help you out!! :) Hey glad its just a bump on the rocks, it could have been alot worse if there was some swell.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I take it you have learnt the most valuable lesson on the sea Alan.............never rely on a bloody kayaker to help you out!! :) Hey glad its just a bump on the rocks, it could have been alot worse if there was some swell.
Sorry to hear of your trouble Alan.

Sad but true ****. Unfortunately a big Orkney is a bit of a stretch to row, and in any tide its probably impossible to make headway? I'm an old woman when I do get to go out and I tend to run my auxiliary as the main motor is warming up, just to get the fluids circulating. Touch wood we never need them eh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts