The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going lads,, new to the forum still getting my bearings so sorry if there has been a thread on this topic already you can just point me in the right direction with a link...

Have fished in darkness once, didn't leave as the fishing was so good and got quite a few that night on soft plastics! Have never gone out especially to fish a night session for bass on lure or fly and was just wondering what are the tactics re colour of lures/flies, full moon/black moon and stuff like that. Cheers.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Night Tactics

James I concentrated on night fishing last summer. The best fishing coincided with a new moon and the days leading up to a full moon. The days leading upto and before each moon proved best for me. The days after the moons often resulted in reduced bass catches specially with the very big tides. I found that the fish were very active and aggressive leading up to the newmoon and full moons. Surface lures fished more slowly than you would during the day seemed to do the trick. Phospherous patchinko worked well as did the Z Claws over the kelp beds in shallow water. Whether colours make a difference when the fish are in that aggressive mood , I am not really sure. When using sub surface lures I found that at times the Bass would slap the lure with their gill rakers whether this was to stun its prey before returning for the kill, I am not too sure.The result was quite a number of fish foul hooked.
Still learning,but I hope this helps
regards
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.