The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have started my night fishing sessions, One thing I have noticed is that some lures that work well during the day. Don't seem to work as well at night. But other lures seem to come into there own at night.
Slow worked jointed lures, and those with rattles seem to score well as do those that displace alot of water.
However many of the lures that are slimmer, that can be excellent during the day. Just don't seem to get the attention of the bass during the night.
I wondered if I am doing sometime wrong as having read recently about many of the members success with LRF/HRF. The bass obivously have no problem finding finding SP's.
Anyone one else have similar findings??
Or advice

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You are experiencing it how it used to be for us.

I find slim lures VERY good at night if in current.
faster the flow, slimmer the lure, narrower the bib, slower I turn the handle, if at all.

Jointed lures give the impression of speed retrieved slowly. I/we rarely use jointed at night, unless the water slows right off.

In clear water or moons, rattle's can spook fish but late season, they seem to like rattle.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith,
Few (if any) of the local marks show much change in current. Mainly open beaches or shallow reef with little change in height.
Was out last night, clear skies and alot of moonlight (and some artifical light), only managed a couple of small bass, which took a slowly
retrieved Dice BayCrap 90, just subsurface (no rattle). Hard work. Although night fishing really only seems to take off here July onwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts