The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for the last two days and fished 3 marks hard, but not a bass to be seen here on the Isle of Wight.

Few terns working in the distance on the second mark, but not a lot of action.

Good news was had a cracking Wrasse to about 2 1/2 lb this morning on a Jackson Artist FR80. Cracking little lure that casts a mile considering its size.

No photos I`m afraid cos I took so long to get the bl.... treble out, that the fish had to go back pronto. Went back O.K. in the end.

Unfortunately, the Artist was one lure I had neglected to crush the barbs on, probably due to the hooks being small.

Spending tomorrow going through my entire collection and checking they are all crushed good and proper-lesson learnt early season.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good effort Dave!

Still don't think its proving easy unless you catch it at just the right time (seems to be dawn/dusk/night around here. I was out for a while today in bright sunshine and a bit too much swell. Really tough. I did more walking than fishing to be fair, but it was difficult to have too much faith when a bait was in the water. Just didn't seem right. Had it been warmer though....

Won't be long til you get one now!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nice one Dave. Just come back from a little sesh down gurnard/cowes. Big tail splash about 5 metres away from me (mullet I think) but that's all there was to be seen. Just nice to be out.

Did you get that Jackson lure from Mr Fish? What colour have you got?

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Fair play for getting out there dave, it seems a general consensus at the mo, that we are still a little behind temps wise on last year. But it seems things are happening all over, so the chances will improve as we move into early may.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got em on Ebay from private seller abroad m8- got 2 one bluey grey, other sandeel. Got the wrasse yesterday on the bluey one.

Off out to try one of the rivers- now do I bump a finesse worm?, no, I`ll fish a fly under a bombarda, no, I`ll drop shot a soft plastic, Christ I have learnt so much I don`t know what to try first!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts