The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed the tide out for just over 3 hours this evening. A few follows, a couple of swirls behind the lure, but that was all for today. Seeing so many bass again in the shallow clear water tho is a serious adrenail rush in itself. Not just "surface disturbances" caused by them, but seeing the fish underwater. Bars of silver to set the heart pounding. Not just the odd glimpse of a fish as it careers thru the water either, but being able to watch a bass swimming very slowly against what tiny bit of water flow there was, for about 10 to 20 seconds at a time. Tried so hard to not move when I caught sight of one of these, but even breathing at such moments seems to be loud and full of movement.

Am hoping the rain we've got right now will have eased off by the morning. As my alarm - lousy rooster next door - will be kicking in as usual at the first signs of light. If the weather has at least stopped urinating all over the place, then I shall be back there about half an hour after the rooster crows its first alarm calls.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Andy - better luck today. Let us know if they wanted to play!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got back and made the coffee when your message came thru Tim.
Well, the wind's gone round to the NNE and increased, temp's dropped but still went and gave it a couple of hours. What a difference that made to the fish. Not a fish to be seen anywhere :(
Doesn't matter tho, I know that had I of decided not to go this morning, I would have only had it nagging at me all day long. "What if??" ;)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice report Andy, good luck on the next session :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done andy!! keep up early mornings !!fishing very early on the incoming tide, using the surface lures!! 4 hrs before high. Let me know how you get on up there.??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts