The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
up & on my local beach for 6:30, low water.

it was like a mill pond, barely a ripple & plenty of fish showing themselves, mainly mullet i think.
as the tide started to push & v slight breeze, a few more bassy type movements started. much more crash & bang than slip & slide. does that make sense?

Any way had been running through surface lures, nothing much doing, sub-surface nothing doing so back on top.
fluro yello chugg bug got some interest, but no takes, so changed to spook jnr in the same colour. v v slow movemnets with the occasional thrash to try & get some interest. as usual, take came when the lure is sat doing nothing. nice fish of around 2 1/2lb that gave a good account of itself for its size.

carried on doing the same, but no more interest so switched to the big sw sammy & had another fish of about 1 lb. obviously an ambitious little critter to take on a 128mm sammy!

back was starting to throb, and no further interest so called it a day around 9 ish.

same again tomorrow if the weather stays the same, but with the firefly i think!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luke, no, unfortunately not with the Bradia, waiting for new braid.

Saving it for the big ones!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Jez!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice report Jez
Glad to hear you are having fun !!
Seems to be lots of smaller fish around at the moment. Using light gear should be good fun, Taking out the Black Bull later for a bit of HRF exercise

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Jeremy, always nice to hear of Bass being taken off the top, well done :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts