The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we've got a few pluggers on here from oooop North now so what do we think?

Went to the South Wales Bumble and they had stacks of marks to choose from and anglers could easily switch between 2 or 3 venues for each state of the tide. Not sure whether it's my inexperience or not but I'm not certain we have the amount of venues in such close proximity for that unless a few of you guys have any ideas?

Best places I can think of for a Bumble would be an evening at Barrow, so we've got Walney, the channel and the docks offering something different...

Somewhere around Morecambe Bay as there are plenty of various different features to have a go at...

The Fylde, again offering beaches with deep gullies, mussel beds and estuaries

North Wales around Conwy/Llandudno/Great Orme

or Angelsey

Guess it depends a lot on where most people would be able to get to but I reckon if we decide a venue first we can find the best tides to fish it, then who can fish a choice of dates etc etc. Then most important of all we can get a bit of local knowledge about the best pub to host us....

What do you think lads?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I'll be watching this with interest, as i'd deffo be up for this.

Once you 'locals' have a good idea of location & date, perhaps you could suggest a suitable Tavern ideally with associated accomodation, to act as base-camp ;) ?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must confess I'm edging towards a North Wales Bumble... as long as we can avoid the crowds

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good point that Darren!...most good Bass marks are full of holiday makers and pleasure craft over the school holdays ,Anglsey and the Llyn can be a nightmare to plug during the day.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
OK so the early front-runner seems to be Anglesey but if we're avoiding school holidays it seems like we're realistically looking at a mid or late September Bumble as we can't really clash with the Weymouth Festival which is the first weekend after.

What are people's thoughts on Sat 25th September for an Anglesey Bumble?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
lets get it on rob,my mate came up with a crackin idea today.somewhere to stay,its a premier inn very close to the menai straits.nice rooms,has its own pub that serves meals.anglesey 2 mins,llyn half hour.cheers daz

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
lets get it on rob,my mate came up with a crackin idea today.somewhere to stay,its a premier inn very close to the menai straits.nice rooms,has its own pub that serves meals.anglesey 2 mins,llyn half hour.cheers daz
Awesome Daz, have you got a link for it?

Was looking at this earlier.... http://www.anglesey-hotel.co.uk/

*edit Scrap that, awful reviews!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts