The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I need a little help with where to buy Maria lures from... I have fallen out with Veals as they sold me some really bad 20lb braid that kept snapping, cost me £60 worth of lures before I knocked it on the head... They've been kind enough to replace the braid but have not even offered a token gesture for the lures lost due to their faulty goods (Most of the lures lost also came from veals on the same order) so I will hopefully not be using them again!

The lures I would like to purchase are:

Maria Chase - Holo Silver
Maria Angel Kiss - Pearl Sandeel
Zonk Gataride - GG Cruising Blue

I also need to get another Black n Silver Patch2 from ****...

So any ideas guys or do I have to bite the bullet and keep giving my money to Veals?

Cheers for the help chaps.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
You can get the Gatarides from Bass Masters (Nathan) or Pro Lures (Dave Bennet). Not sure about the Maria's though. I know **** had them in at one stage, but not sure if he's got an ongoing supply. I've seen plenty in France, so a peek through the websites on Vidar's resources page might turn-up something.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Robert,
That sounds a bit too painful and expensive mate.....Are you going to spill the beans on the line so that we all can be aware of the problem????? Assuming it may not be limited to one spool......

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the help guys, most appreciated.

the line was the berkley whiplash blaze orange... I've had a few outings with the replacement that they sent, same braid but in 30lb which is proper over-kill in my opinion but I couldn't be bothered to argue the point after their less than impressive customer service.... on the up side, no more snapages

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Robert,
Where was it snapping?? Or when??

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was snapping in all the places you wouldn't want it to, in order; snapped at release during cast then a few casts later the same, then whilst playing in a schoolie and again at the same point of release during cast... I was nearly crying on the way home, I kept putting it down to coincidence and maybe I'd made a few dodgey casts, but playing a schoolie, I thnk not. anyway long story short when I got home I did some tests, reversed the spool so it was on backwards on the spare, which would've meant the first bit would've been the same off the shelf. the first ten metres of so were fine taking knots, cutting me before snapping as I pulled it etc then after that it went down hill... just a dodgey spool I think....the thing that annoyed me is I bought these to replace ones lost after a recent run of bad luck...

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one thing to add is that I bought the braid for a new reel... and all this happened on it's first outing!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
It may have been the braid but its worth checking your rod rings as well as the reel! Its easy to get a nick in a tip ring and then it just slices the braid when under any pressure.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reel spool is in perfect nick, shiny aluminium, the braid spool again fine no signs of man handling, rod eyes where the first thing I checked, all a-o-k... I think it's just one of those things.... To be honest, it's not like I expected Veals to replace all the lures lost to this dodgy braid but there could've offered something to keep me as the customer happy, I would've been happy with a pack of hooks or belly weights....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts