The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me Or are the Bass not being that playful at the moment Have had lots of follows mainly small fish and the occasional take Just seems too damn quiet for my liking

·
Registered
362 Posts
Seems to be the same off North Devon.
I've had 3 2-3 hour trips last week, with 2 fish to show for it, both small.
Time to head out of the estuary.
Where da big gurlz at!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Seems to be a bit quiet around here too, although its very bright and calm so we need a bit of cloud and a bit of surf. Then again it could just be my fishing :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
same were we are the fish come in dribs and drabs and all small

·
Registered
990 Posts
Not finding this as Some guiding customers are producing a few fish each time we go out, and i am out at least a couple times a week at present, then I fish evening and nights when i can, with soft plastics and can produce up to 10 bass a session up to 6lb, all in the same area.

Not long come back from a guide where customer caught 5 bass biggest 6.5lb all on the flood.

·
Registered
990 Posts
What do you want to know Marq, honey, dear ? The location has been north Cornwall, I have found the bass are few in numbers along the south coast. Either that or the bass don't love me anymore !

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hello marq, had a good few on sunday at the mark I told you I've been fishing near you. I landed 2 x 2lb, lost another 2 which included the biggest bass I've ever had on!! (GUTTED!), my mate had 3 around 3lb as well. All but one of these fish were in a 2 metre long stretch of submerged boulders. Still fuming over the lost one, but that's fishing I guess.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Nathan said:
I fish evening and nights when i can, with soft plastics and can produce up to 10 bass a session up to 6lb
He's just told you guys where the difference lies.

Night.
Soft Lures.

My results on Bass here, now well over 400 good fish this season have come at Night, and on soft lures. Kev's results are similar and nearly anyone who has fished with us at night has experienced better results by FAR than doing the same ol during the day.

Do the same thing, expect the same results.

Well done Nath.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I never thought I'd see "Nath", "Night" and "soft lures" in the same sentence! Well done mate! :D

I've caught when I've been out but that's not been a common occurance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Too true. I have been out and about recently and still find it's best at night or at least at the time when it's just getting light, say 4.30am. I found the fresh X Layers are best in shrimp or ayu with a 3g jig head. Ones used on previous sessions lose their touch or smell as Keith points out in other threads.

In September and October it seems to change I can catch bass in daylight and in flat calm conditions with softies.

I had a great early morning stint on Sunday with wrasse in all shapes and colours on almost every cast and one bass of about 2.5lbs. What a hike to reach the mark though. I think few people reach it as it involves so much rock hopping. The next day at the same spot it all began well but the fish sort of dried up. I thinkl I had hammered them so hard on the previous day that they were too aware of X Layers. I also saw an enormous swirl under the rod tip but it missed and turned away.

Had another go this morning before work and only had three fish, a schoolie, garfish and mackerel.

Nick.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers 4 replies Phone call to **** and a few late nights coming i think

1 - 14 of 14 Posts