The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went out over low tide today just to test out a new lifejacket/vest and to chuck a few lures about. Bright sunshine, a not particularly low tide and a touch too much swell made it difficult (although it looks PERFECT in the pictures), but I didn't really expect to catch anyway. The swell meant that I could only really fish for an hour or so, and the tide wasn't low enough for me to get to some of the sots I'd usually have fished. But.... the weather was lovely so it was nice to be out. I'd have been super confident f catching had it been summer, but it wasn't to be.

(edit: sorry the photos have gotten a bit blurred when they're uploaded)

IMG_0986.jpg IMG_1015.jpg IMG_1028.jpg IMG_1022.jpg IMG_1007.jpg IMG_1037.jpg IMG_1035.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Sorry you had no luck, great looking mark though.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Lovely pics - thanks, Ben. What a glorious day to be out as well! Like that last lure - can you tell me more?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Jackson Artist130?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, Dave's got it. Jackson Artist 130. Brilliant lures I reckon. Haven't had a fish on it yet but have only been trying it during the last part of the winter.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Looks a fantastic spot Ben Guessin north coast I went to the south coast today where i met u No fish but like you would have been very confident had it been summer Still nice to get out though Best of luck

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, North today. I really don't reckon there is much around up here at the mo, but there's still the outside chance of one down your way I reckon. South coast seems the only way at the moment I think. You're in the the right place up there.

Lovely day though. Did enjoy it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
sorry i coudnt go mate, martin had a 6lb bass today down at the location i would of taken u..like u said tho its on the south coast of cornwall

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
def nice pics, im out in the morn first time for ages. Ben is that a preston reel?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Ben, that looks like a great mark. Worth the effort to just take in the views. Give it time, there will be a few there when it warms a bit.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Stunning area to fish shame no fish but I bet it was just nice to get out and try a few lures.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
def nice pics, im out in the morn first time for ages. Ben is that a preston reel?
No mike, Abu 804. He's taken some proper abuse over the last 18 months and caught a lot of fish! Lovely little reel! Although I do wonder sometimes whether the Preston reels should be considered more by people looking for reels in that price range! You tried them?

No worries about today math. Although I should probably have taken myself south anyway. Sounds like I'm makin excuses sometimes, but if there were any fish up here, I think I'd have caught one lately!

Thanks guys. It's definitely a pretty spot when the suns on it. It generally fishes as good as it looks!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
No mike, Abu 804. He's taken some proper abuse over the last 18 months and caught a lot of fish! Lovely little reel! Although I do wonder sometimes whether the Preston reels should be considered more by people looking for reels in that price range! You tried them?

No worries about today math. Although I should probably have taken myself south anyway. Sounds like I'm makin excuses sometimes, but if there were any fish up here, I think I'd have caught one lately!

Thanks guys. It's definitely a pretty spot when the suns on it. It generally fishes as good as it looks!
No, havent tried the preston reels, although there always an excuse, i'll stick some pics up of one. Out this morning, no signs of activity, just a cormorant laughing at me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts