1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow thats a nice fish a bass that size would put up a scrap :) have a great time vidar and tight lines while your there :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Next week I'm off on a 4-days salmon fishing trip to the same exact river where this 20 kilo (43.9Ib) fish was caught last Saturday.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...iskeGuiden/login.php&sl=no&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

During my last visit to the same river, 3 years ago, I had two salmon in one evening both exceeding 23Ib.

To say I’m looking forward to it is an understatement.
This is something that I seriously envy.
I've caught Salmon but 4 days on top water ? no, never had the opportunity. Would love to be there.

The closest I get regularly is spey casting to Bass down the SE gutters.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Thats some Herring! I am hopefully off to the Tweed in the autumn but even the mighty Tweed will struggle to beat that! Good luck Vidar!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Vidar,
Looks from some of the comments on the web page that it is a hard river to get on, so well done.
Cracking looking salmon, Fingers crossed for you that there are a few more of the same class waiting for you.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Very envious Vidar!!!! The Norwegian rivers are something else! I fished the Gaula 5years ago and its is probably one of the single best fishing trips in my life, I sayed and fished in Gaulfross (spelling) and at Storen (spelling) and the fishing was absolutely amazing!!! Hope you have a blast and look forwad to your catch report. (wish I was going!!)

·
1,866 Posts
Next week I'm off on a 4-days salmon fishing trip to the same exact river where this 20 kilo (43.9Ib) fish was caught last Saturday.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...iskeGuiden/login.php&sl=no&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

During my last visit to the same river, 3 years ago, I had two salmon in one evening both exceeding 23Ib.

To say I’m looking forward to it is an understatement.
My misses says freshwater fishing is "Girlie Fishing" ........................ Grabs coat............. Leaves the building!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Vidar,
Looks from some of the comments on the web page that it is a hard river to get on, so well done.
Cracking looking salmon, Fingers crossed for you that there are a few more of the same class waiting for you.
Yes, it is very difficult indeed to get on the Stryns River, but our Norwegian business partner rents about a mile and a half (limited to 8 anglers) of the most productive and idyllic part of river for one week each summer. He pays around £8000 for the pleasure, but uses it for marketing purposes and normally brings customers and suppliers on there. However, every few years our mutual English business partner and me can come and fish the river too as long as we cough up our fair share of the river rent.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My misses says freshwater fishing is "Girlie Fishing" ........................ Grabs coat............. Leaves the building!
Funny, but I tend to disagree :badlol::badlol::badlol::aarrg::aarrg::aarrg:

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Will look forward to the report Vidar, to see how you got on. Looking at the info, no wonder your excited about returning there:D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good luck Vidar and have a great trip :-D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Tight lines Vidar, fighting a Salmon in a strong river current is as tough as it gets.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts