The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reports on here of a few fish coming off a local mark, i decided on a quick session this evening. fished from about 7.30 to 9.30. conditions were pretty perfect tbh, hardly any wind, warm, flat but a nice rolling swell stirring up the bottom and creating some nice oxygenated water... watched the waves for a bit to see where to stand and chucked out a pearl sidewinder. it was about 10 minutes untill my first fish, yes!!!! only a schoolie of around 2lb but off the mark for 2010, its been that long since i landed a bass i didnt believe i had a fish on lol! after getting soaked by a few rouge waves i landed a further three to 2.5lb. pics below of the first two (and biggest fish), quality isnt great as i was rushing to get back out there and ****ting myself about getting beasted by a wave again :p

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Off the mark then Ben ! well done mate, great looking fish :-D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
well done on getting your season started,those sidewinders are taking quite a few nice fish on Anglesey!!! just got some 6" bloodheads and green sandeel colours so will be giving them a go soon. also i see that the lure forum comp is now topped by a double fig fish caught on ................yes .......a sidewinder......

·
Registered
48 Posts
yer ben not a bad session to get you off the mark:-D:-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice work Ben - you'll have to show me how to fish those Sidewinders! Nice cheeky evening sesh - wish I could have joined you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts