The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First trip out since the Ban ended. Purchased some YGK Braid1.2 so was looking forward to giving it a go. Arrived at mark adjacent to a beach to discover post inter cert party in full swing.:shock: Impressed with the Braid and distance achieved,very smooth overall. Flat calm seas and tropical air made conditions challenging along with the rave music. Had one Pollack on the Feed Shallow 15 before dark. After dark got a lovely take on the Feed Shallow a couple of powerful runs later, I was surprised to see a 2lb Bass at my feet could have sworn it was close to five. Was it down to the new Braid?. It will be interesting to hook a fish over 5lb if thats the case. Decided to call it quits after that in case I was invited over to the party.:wink:
Nice to be off the mark despite the size. Planning a dawn raid tomorrow and hopefully the party will have died down
regards
Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Bob, well done on the fish :-D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads,friend just rang me to say they had eleven Bass in two hours in an estuary mark best 6lb they certainly were not there last year. The South and Southeast coasts are starting to seriously fire. Augurs well for the rest of the season:mrgreen:
Tightlines
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts