The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it ain't nice out. in fact it's downright awful. i think i preferred the sub zero and snow, at least i wouldn't be so wet. Monsson conditions but it's day one fo the wrasse challenge so i had to be first in there!!

Missed my bass mark but there's a wrassy area nearby so I went there.

It wasn't long before I felt some taps and then right under my feet in the boulders whallop, fish on big style, running me along the edge of the pier, new reels drag doing very well indeed.

eventually got him over and it felt heavy.

44cm to the closest cm and 3lb 12oz 8dm.

1204Rockie45cm.JPG 1204Rockie1.JPG

he was followed by a smaller but spirited fish a little later, 39cm and 2lb 4oz.

1204Rockie2.JPG

I had several others including a friendly one which pulled my lure and jig out of a snag. Cheers fish!!

All taken on deep brown with purple tinge homemade xlayer type lures (no salt and no rattle). Daiwa Infeet, Yamatoyo SW PE#1.5, Pfleugar Supreme 9035XT, 15lb leader of Ultima Pure Power Fluorocarbon.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Great work Andy . . no messing, just straight in there !! A fine Pig to lay down a marker too !! :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also sorted my ruler out.

Drilled a 10mm hole through the end of it (non hinged end) and am using a carabiner to clip it to the back of my bag. Seemed Ok today and with a force 6 behind me I could feel it flapping about but it didn't swing round and smack me in the head so that's a result!!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
it didn't swing round and smack me in the head
Other anglers will be smacking you in the head Andy if you keep winkling out wrasse like this, good going mate, a target for everyone already. I must say I do prefer the use of a measure rather than scales, measures dont lie and dont stress the fish as much as a scales.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I weigh fish in a bag. I carry a mesh bag round with me, it folds up pretty small and just slots in the back of my bag.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
:clap: No messing about Andy! You're in it to win it! :clap:

I must say I do prefer the use of a measure rather than scales, measures dont lie and dont stress the fish as much as a scales.
I agree, I'd hate to be strung up by my bottom jaw :shock: and as you say, the ruler doesn't lie. :D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Andy!!! Great fish to get you started!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also sorted my ruler out.

Drilled a 10mm hole through the end of it (non hinged end) and am using a carabiner to clip it to the back of my bag. Seemed Ok today and with a force 6 behind me I could feel it flapping about but it didn't swing round and smack me in the head so that's a result!!
About £3, B&Q.

rulerclip.JPG

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts