The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nipped down a local mark for a quick session two hours before low. Flat calm, perfect clarity, bit of weed and a few small bait fish about. After playing with a few small to mid size divers without any luck I clipped on a Ghost silver Patchinko. Third cast i chucked it up current and parallel too the shore(2-3ft deep), after about 10 yards of brisk WTD, SLAM. Great take off the top, big splash and instant bend in the rod. A good scrap ensues with plenty of splashing and head shakes. Not long after this beauty was landed.

About 3lb and fin perfect.(check out the colours on her back, stunning.)
A close up of her-

That was that. Well chuffed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
that bass really wanted that lure. good work on taking it off the top i think its the most exciting way to catch them

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys! Ment too add, as always she was slipped back too make babies!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nath,
Lovely bass off the top there mate.
Watch out for the slippery slope into topwater addiction!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm at the bottom of that slope Dave!! It was hard too put divers on first!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I know the feeling well Nath, But as long as your catching-who cares!!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Nice bass nath,its amazin how precise they can be to get a big lure perfectly in the mouth while the lure is moving side to side,ultimate predator.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one Nathan , a fish in fine proportions Oh yeah i notice you fish (cack handed ) looking at that pic showing the red rod & fish , Don`t worry you and me fish the right way its all the others that are ODD !!!! :muttley:
Cheers Bob! I've always fished that way(rod in left hand, reel with the right) I just can't reel with my left, it feels plain wrong! My brothers the same. That Bass certainly didn't mind though!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice bass nath,its amazin how precise they can be to get a big lure perfectly in the mouth while the lure is moving side to side,ultimate predator.
Yeah good shout Daz. I also thought the same, she took it really clean, especially as I was walking it quite 'sharply'. It's great when you get a nice clean hook hold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts