Old metal lures. | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Old metal lures.

Discussion in 'Metal Lures' started by {name}, May 15, 2014.

1. Sea Trout

Hey all, this week i have been polishing up some metal lures i inherited from my Romanian granddad, and have used them in the past but never had any success in salt or fresh, anyone have any ideas how to fish them?? I never had the chance to speak to my grandad about them, as i was young and only just into bait fishing in lakes when he died.

I do however know from my mum that he used to fish the Danube delta often with lures and bait (note the huge weighted hook in the picture, for the catfish i reckon) and also mountain lakes for trout. I have seen a picture or two of him holding monster pike and zander! Would these metals work for bass or only pike?

WP_20140515_0101.jpg

I really would like to catch on these as don't have many other lures, so may as well fish with what i have got!

Thanks for any advice,

Stuart

-----------------------
    EDIT- He also made some of his lures, note the metal rectangles, these were bits he was in the process of making/starting to make i think)

2. Sea Trout

majority are spoons mate............fish them how you want. steady retrieve, sink and draw..........retrieving with twitches etc and yeah they will catch bass but probs wont cast as far as modern metals........but a lot of time the fish are under ya feet anyway!! good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Perch

Cracking lures for pike, dress a few with swivels and if your lucky and can wait I'll send you some dressed treble hooks for just the cost of postage when I get chance to tie some more :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sea Trout

Shall i split ring them and swivel, or is the swivel on lure connector link enough? And yes i may be interested in dressed trebles!