The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a friend who has been asking me about buying a new yak, which is fine as I can give a few pointers on what he wants to get. So far the Moken 12 Angler is looking like a favourite.

The one thing I didn't think about is where you buy the things from, I've never given any thought as I order mine from Holland and the rest sorted itself out. Can anyone tell me of any places you can get Yaks from in Jersey?

I know Iron Store Marine do yaks but he mentioned that there was a place up in St. Brelades that might also sell yaks, anyone know where this place is and what they sell?

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Jay

The guys name is Stuart but I've lost his number.Will try get it today.
I saved £££££££ when I bought my yaks from him.

Steve

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LINKEY

Cheers bud, Wheways and Kayaks?!?!? I never thought that would happen. At least its another place to get one from, especially as I in the process of trying to convince the other half to get one, that way she can come for a paddle whilst I fish!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
can you get HOBIE IN JERSEY as it will cost to much to ship mine back
I'm not too sure Peter, we were thinking of selling them in our shop but never got round to it. We decided to go with the Freedom Hawk kayaks instead. The Hobie and the Freedom Hawks are my favourites by far, I would love to see them make a Hobie Freedom Hawk!! Now that would be awesome.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jay pop in to ***** a first Tower ( Mrfish ) He has a yak down there for sale a right bobby dazzler it is too , deffo worth a look
Take it **** has the Freedom in then, I only live down the road I might have to have a look. Definitely agree with ****, would love it if you could mix my Kayak with a Freedom, as much as I love the "hands free" fishing cause of the Mirage drive stabilty is lacking to say the least. Saying that I still haven't capsized and had it 3 years now (bet it happens next time I'm out now I've said that!).

can you get HOBIE IN JERSEY as it will cost to much to ship mine back
You can get them over here, I did. The cost of getting it here wasn't too bad, altho the Kayak is very expensive so I think the cost is absorbed with regards to shipping. I can try and find the guys number if you want, I can hopefully find it again as it took me a while last time, I know he's the official Hobie dealer in Jersey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts