The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh this was a cr*p day (have more of them than I care to admit LOL). Tried a local water that I had been told was stuffed with Pike and Perch (yeah right). The dam place was full of silk weed everyother cast caught weed fish. The weather was freezing and wet. Only had one take felt like a good fish for the 30sec's it was on. Will I go back there, dam right I will it is not going to beat me (gluton for punishment me). Who knows when the weed dies back it may come good and the big plus its only 5min's from where I live. Ok moan and rant over lol.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Dave, you probably already though of it, but did you try any weedless s/p's :?: One of my local lakes was a bit choked-up with weed earlier in the year, but weedless s/p's still delivered the goods :?: If the fish are there, they'll still need to eat.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Just get back out there Dave, it will come good for you i'm sure :p

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I had no sp's with me had just stuck a few lures in my pocket. Going to give it another go this weekend and weedless rigs are high on the list. One thing to come out of it is I have a good idea where most of the bad weed beds are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts