The Lure Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work and family commitments have prevented me wetting a line this month, but I managed to find an hour to sneak out for a cast tonight.

I started with the sluggo , but after no action and slightly murky water switched over the a spindle worm which has served me well this year in similar conditions. I was fishing it weightless and as the lure came round on the wind , a fish swirled at it 2 or 3 times before committing with a decent bang. Not a monster but nice to see some silver and a reasonable fish at 50 cm.

The weed was a bit of a nuisance but the water was clearing a bit and a change back to the sluggo resulted in another fish. She had been in the wars and was on the skinny side , but a little bit bigger at 53cm.

5 minutes later I had another offer. I was certain it was of a better size . A decent scrap ensued, but when landed I was surprised it was only 51cm. Still , I wasn't going to complain and it was nice to be seeing some steady action.

Getting back out quickly, I had 3 offers in 3 casts and there was obviously a little pod of fish moving through. I landed one of 44 cm , the smallest but fatest of the night and had clearly been feeding well.

I had a few more casts as I headed home along the beach and managed another at 53cm to round of the night.

She was a feisty little fish though, and as I was about the return her, she twisted and jabbed a dorsal spike through my new waders. I felt it stick in my thigh and when I got home confirmed that she had drawn blood. Still, at £23.99 , I wasn't too worried and I am sure with a bit of work I can track down the hole and patch them up.

As for the one that didn't return , I am glad to say it wasn't a bass.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Good day Kevin....Adelaide odds that it would have been too weedy last night.

Some nice fish there on your walk about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts