The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody any experience of ordering from French sites ?
Was looking at the large Sakura boxes to go in the Rap sling bag.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I was gonna place an order recently. Very very very expensive postage on the site i was gonna use. So i didnt bother as i thought they were taking the pi55.

**** has an equivalent in, and it's cheaper than the Sakura version. Only difference is the clasp that opens it. I got mine through yesterday.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yep, get the boxes from ****, nick. Easier overall.

Saying that, I have ordered from france a few times with no problems at all. Normally bigger orders to make the postage worthwhile (which has usually been about £11 or £12).

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nick,

I feel the same as Simon, postage is very expensive and makes the overall purchace not worth bothering about !

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have used a site called 'Chronoleurres' or something like that previously with no problems in the past, and would recommend it. For the particular product you are after though Nick, as the chaps have said, easier going through ****.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Order from France quite a bit. Lots use some weird pay systems but in general, never had any problems.
However, it can be slow IME.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I have found their postal service slow as well having ordered from places like Pecheur.com, alfos Peche and pafex direct. Post is expensive and slow. Much like local post!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have ordered from Austria before 'Anglerdirekt.com' and for smaller items up to about reel size, is about 3 or 4 days and ain't so expensive.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I was gonna place an order recently. Very very very expensive postage on the site i was gonna use. So i didnt bother as i thought they were taking the pi55.

**** has an equivalent in, and it's cheaper than the Sakura version. Only difference is the clasp that opens it. I got mine through yesterday.
What boxes are those Simon? I got a Plano box as I thought they had a good reputation, but one trip out and everything is randomised!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts