The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Operation Nantes Part 1 The initial Thoughts

Im back home now after leaving Nantes at 10am this morning, show pictures in part 2 and stuff i bought and saw in part 3.

When I first got the " You should come to the Nantes Show" I was oh yes 100%, an excursion not to be missed for sure. A lure anglers paradise for sure. It was great to meet up with the guys again, especially ones I hadn't met before. A truely mixed bunch (and I dont mean bananas)

The Hotel is right near the show center, great for short hops back and forth. The first day for me was a revelation, now bear in mind I visited a few of the main tackle company trade shows last year. Nantes is a different league, and im sure one day we could have a tackle show solely for lure anglers here in the UK. But for this year Nantes was the one, yes there were the usual well known brands and few new to me for sure. There were display tanks, done by many various companies, with hard plugs being worked, along with vast array of super cool soft plastics. Not only were most of the lures new to me but also the way in which they were worked in the display tanks was fantastic. There were display tanks for Ultimate Fishing, manned by some truely skilled anglers, I spoke to many of them including Daniel, Stanley, Lionel, Stefan, after seeing the new range of softies and the amazing new range of rods being available Ive chosen to invest in a new Injection by Tenryu.

The rod is truely mind blowing and exactly what Im looking for in the lightweight market.

I did visit some other main suppliers as well, to compare a few choices. Obviously looking at rods in my own individual characteristics, although I was considering dropping down to 6' - 6 '1/2. I was also looking at baitcasting reels also, but maybe next year. I think everyone attending the Nantes show, should write down certain goals or things to look for etc, or just walk round in cloud cuckoo land like me. I kinda decided to spend a day walking around all the halls to get a general feel to the layout and concepts of the displays and to visit the retailers and purchase a few bits and pieces. Yeah right, as if that what actually happened.

I saw so many new lures and accessories that were new to me that I decided to pick up a few new lures both plugs and softies. I spent a fair time walking around with Paul, whose passions for SP's have slightly rubbed off on me to the extent that for once the purchase of SP's have outnumbered plugs. I bought 17 new plugs, which included many new ones to me, but as mentioned before, the softies were the main attraction for me at this years show so there was also 27 packs of new SP's winging their way back through the french countryside back to the UK. I would highly recommend anyone to go to next years show, I know I am. If lure angling rocks your boat then Nantes would be a force 10!

As a new visitor to the show I would have to say that Ultimate Fishing and Sakura had the busiest exhibit stands, followed closely by illex and Daiwa. Im hoping with other reports given by others that attended the reports should cover all aspects of what was a great weekend, with great company and great tackle. Roll on 2011, and let battle commence once again.

I will post some pictures of the show and some of the items I thought had to come back to the UK with me, i said some though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts