The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Some of my favourite lures have an orange version, such as the orange rappala's and the orange redgills but despite catching with the blue or silver versions of these I have never had any luck with the orange versions. Does anyone catch on orange lures or are they just to catch anglers?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Orange can produce good results around kelp and or hard reef.
Especially near areas where immature Pollack and Wrasse reside.

Some Gobies can have an overall orangey brown shade too.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I could actually have a section on my website just for orange lure, I have so many here!! I love orange lures, they seem to work in so many situations or conditions, overcast days to bright days. There is a commercial fisherman over here that caught shed loads of bass on lures, more than I could dream of catching, and he told me years ago that you only need orange lures, and I would agree.....just dont ask me why I sell so many colours!!! :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Have always had lots of success on them! Had silly numbers of fish last year on the Akakin Tide Minnow 200. Monster lure.

I like using orange lures around dusk especially - when there's a nice orange sky. I'm sure there's something in matching the lure with the sky colour. Flash an orange lure under an orange sky and it's far more mental than in direct sunlight. Hard to explain.

Reactions: martinnieuwenhof

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nailed this 6lb'er on an Akakin Zonk . . .

Deffo not just a colour to catch the angler :D.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ben Pratt showed me a mark in Hampshire where his Orange/gold lures just kill! Its quite uncanny how that colour (in various different lures) always seems to do the business. We have tried other colours but we always come back to orange/gold!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I will have to give them another go then, using them around sunset makes sense. I have had fish on gold lures but never bright orange, look forward to giving them another shot.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
This year I bought my first orange lure. Now I have several and the colour has caught me more fish than any other colour this year. Next most catchin colur is Ayu.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Hi all. Some of my favourite lures have an orange version, such as the orange rappala's and the orange redgills but despite catching with the blue or silver versions of these I have never had any luck with the orange versions. Does anyone catch on orange lures or are they just to catch anglers?
I love 'orange' lures,always have.
And 'gold' ones too,,,,,,,,,Awesome.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I like orange lures. I have an incredibly bright orange Vision oneten which has taken a few Bass, as well as the orange gold zonk, FS and TM

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I only have one orange lure that I carry with me and I dont use it often but it did get me this lovely wrasse a couple of weekends ago (reported elsewhere).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts