The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out today with some of the sussex and a brave hampshire anglers. Now as a confirmed lure addict I thought I had most of the good lures, But Andrew pulled out a 106 Bent Minnow, and it is awesome in the water. The bass were being fussy today, and the only lure other than my favourate patchinko 100 that they seemed to like the look of was the bent minnow. I am SO going to get me a couple of them!!!

Just been having a peek at the Plus Fishing's website, and there is a new video of the Bent Minnow 106 being used for seabass in japan on James's blog-not just catching bass, but how to use the lure-Now that is a really good idea. No point buying lures unless you know HOW to use them-top marks to OSP for that.

http://www.plus-fishing.com/uk/staff-blog/james-davis/

Off to order a couple, one of the best "new" style lures I have seen for a while.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your doing better than me Tim,
I like smart lures, ones that you can fish in different ways. With the Bent Minnow, I can think of at least three different ways to fish it-depending on the conditions. Has to be a worth addition to the lure box. Cool colours too.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith I tried the Bent Minnow86, but it just didn't have the casting range to be effective for bass, but the 106 is a whole different ball game. Love how you can go from from the most delicate/quiet retrieve to splashing/flashing manic retrieve. Definate handy when like today the bass were alittle shy with topwaters and needed a bit of inducement to hit rather than follow the lure.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Keith I tried the Bent Minnow86, but it just didn't have the casting range to be effective for bass, but the 106 is a whole different ball game. Love how you can go from from the most delicate/quiet retrieve to splashing/flashing manic retrieve. Definate handy when like today the bass were alittle shy with topwaters and needed a bit of inducement to hit rather than follow the lure.
I totally agree with this post Dave, I tried the new big bent one recently in Weymouth (ohh er madam!) and it was a totally different kettle of fish compared to the smaller one. Easier to use, cast further and actually looked more life like in the water. I know a lure is good when I have to look twice at it on the way back because I myself thinks its a real fish!! The bent minnow did this, I will be buying a couple more. I am looking forward to using it on those calm days when you got boils but no hits......

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I used the bent Minnow 106 properly for the first time today and although I didnt get a fish, I had a fish show interest. There is an old angling adage along the lines that much of the tackle we buy hooks the angler more than any fish and I know I am a sucker for shiny new stuff myself but I am convinced that in the right place, the Bent Minnow will be a killer! It doesnt cast particularly well being an odd shape and quite light but good enough for most occasions. Not sure i would fancy much of a headwind though!

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Are the 106 minnows available at Ben's and ****'s the SW versions as shown on that OSP video link from James?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ben has them and yes I bought the 106 as soon as I saw it. Have not used it much but the action and variety of actions are great. Seems like the lure has worked better on humans than fish so far! but in the right situation I reckon its a killer.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I bought the 106 from Ben Confirmed killer Bass just hammer it I like the way it twitches in the water using very little effort Plus you can work it without retrieving so just cast and twitch it around any structures in the water Bass go nuts trying to hit this lure you can really tease them

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have changed the hooks on mine upto ST46 Sz 3 which has increased the weight from 10g to 12g, gives that little bit extra castability, and apart from the lure floating more tail down when at rest does not seem to have effected the action. Pollack seem to be particularly partial to it at least.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts