The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a go at the sea trout tonight and hooked into a decent trout.it was giving me a great scrap on the injection and clean up out of the water shaking its head and gone.id say it was near 3lb i know why these fish drive people mental.i was waiting for the tide to drop enough to get out to a sand bar i usually fish but the last storm had completely changed that spot.on the way out rocks that are normally thare were gone covered by shingle and a huge hole about 30ftsq has appeared.so i played it safe and headed home ill have to go back on low tide and see whats the story.its amazing the force of water that it can change a place in a few days.i had a few casts on the way back home and picked up this nasty chap im presuming its a weaver fish?im out again for first light in the morning hoping to catch the one that got away.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello Pat,did you hook him on the Panish? great Sea Trout lure. Did you try putting an extra ring above the treble it works:wink:.
regards,
Bob

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Oh yes that's a weever Pat. Tricky to unhook I bet.

I heard the the bigger species is a popular eating fish in France ("vive") BTW, caught by trawlers I think. And my mates reckon I'll eat anything out of the sea.......!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tricky is right paul im glad i had a pliers with me.we often get them when we pull the net for sandeels but never that big again very carefull sorting through the net.i stood on one a few years ago when swimming not nice at all so flip flops when swimming now.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
tricky is right paul im glad i had a pliers with me.we often get them when we pull the net for sandeels but never that big again very carefull sorting through the net.i stood on one a few years ago when swimming not nice at all so flip flops when swimming now.
Yes we get them in the sandeel nets too. You only need to be stung once to remember to be careful!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bob that was my first hook up with the int i dont have them that long but they came highly recomended by a friend who has good success with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts