The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting an OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler and need some advice on a decent paddle to suit please?

I am 6ft 2" tall, if that makes any differnece in what type/ length to go for?

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Nick

I'm 6' 3" & I use a Carlisle paddle either the Magic or the Day Tripper which are both 7' 3" long.
You can pay long £100's of pounds for paddles but they are only worth it if you are kayaking for miles, they aren't neccesary for fishing trips.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Nick

I'am 6.4 and use a Carlisle day tripper which is 7ft plus on my Perception Freedom paid £35 for it use to have a shorter one but found I was rapping mu knuckles on the side of the Yak may be worth asking around on the beach and trying a few out

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the advice chaps. I was thinking of spending some money on a Lendle or similar, but not ow.

I had a look at the Carlisle paddles today and will probably go for the fiberglass one which my local shop will do for £49, so a good price.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've got a Lendall Knodkapp with a krankshaft handle which cost about $150. The advantage of a paddle with a large powerful blade for me is that i get to where i'm going and can then spend more time fishing!!!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I use a Carlisle magic two piece and cant fault it, light enough to use all day, strongly built and relatively cheap (I payed £49 delivered). They have a solid reputation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts