The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few spare hours so walked down to the beach along to the entrance and fished the tide out. Mullet everywhere and conditions seemed so right for bass, with high expectations of a good session. I tried every lure I have been lucky with this year and a number of SP's but with little luck. Two small fish to show for my work but a great few hours out on the foreshore.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Exactly what i like about fishing mate, its not always about catching the big one, its about getting out there and enjoying fishing for what it is :-D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dylan have fished pagham recently and have finally worked it out. The best time to fish is about an hour after low tide just as the flow is starting to turn back up into the reserve. As the flow gathers pace after this time it gets harder and harder to fish ie lures wont sink as quickly or will just be moving too quick. The sweet time is from 1 hour after low for about 2-3 hours after depending on the size of the tide on the day. I fished it from the selsey side right opposite the steel pillings on the pagham side. Its a great spot and there are tons of fish there but only for this short period. My guess for the dropping tide is that the fish have already fed up inside the harbour on the mud flats and are less likely to feed on the way out. I had a load of hits and a few bass on the giant xlayer on a weedless jig head but as the flow got stronger ideally would of put a bit more weight on the jig head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts