The Lure Forums banner

Parisien Tackle Shop(s)/?

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Daniel Edwards 
#1 ·
I'm taking th missus to Paris in a week or so, I if were to 'stumble' across a good tackle shop while we're mooching about, well, it'd be rude not to go in wouldn't it? A quick googling doesn't show anything much any one know any better?

#2 · (Edited)
Allo allo, I was pissing by zis thread...

Can't help I'm afraid Tim. But I'd bet a few quid that there will be some top notch tackle shops in Paris. Just like Mr Fish, but the owner will be wearing a beret, onions round his neck and might have garlic breath. Actually, is Nico (tournament angler from WSF) a member on here? If so he should be able to help.

EDIT: Actually Tim, just had a quick look for you and found this:

"There's quite a good tackle shop with a pretty immense range of game and sea fishing gear near the metro station of Bercy (the statiion before the Bibliotheque) on the southern part of Paris. If you come out of the station and turn left along the avenue of wine shops etc, it's called 'Peche' (or something like that), and is easy to miss on the right hand side, and like all the shops in the area goes down into a cavernous cellar at the back, although amongst lots of perfume, wine, and general fancy goods shops. Apart from anything else the surrounding area is very attractive so if you have any female(s) accompanying you, she/they can spend time and money in the adjacent shops and boutiques while you while away a few hours and Euros in the tackle shop - a dangerous proposition I know!"

EDIT II: Look here mate, especially at "Enfieldspares" post. http://www.flyforums.co.uk/general-fly-fishing-discussion/8601-anyone-know-tackle-shop-paris.html

I know some of it is aimed at Fly, I'm sure there will be plenty of lure rods, reels and plugs

Job. Done.

#4 ·
Apart from anything else the surrounding area is very attractive so if you have any female(s) accompanying you, she/they can spend time and money in the adjacent shops and boutiques while you while away a few hours and Euros in the tackle shop - a dangerous proposition I know!"

EDIT II: Look here mate, especially at "Enfieldspares" post. http://www.flyforums.co.uk/general-fly-fishing-discussion/8601-anyone-know-tackle-shop-paris.html

I know some of it is aimed at Fly, I'm sure there will be plenty of lure rods, reels and plugs

Job. Done.
God I wish my missus wasn't so frugal with her shopping!!!!!

I hear these guys have two shops in Paris.

Don't blame me when you see what they've got. Not cheap though?

http://www.despoissonssigrands.com/ficheproduit.asp?souscategorie=915
Oh heck! Looks like I'll need an expanding suitcase! I don't read French and can't translate their page here, I'll get home and have a look where they are etc.
Cheers chaps

#10 ·
Am also off to paris in a few weeks for work so now i really can't wait to get out there!
I can see it now, coming back with nothing but fishing gear to show for 2 weeks hard work! Going to arrive back worse off than when i left.. well at least i'll have lots of lovely stuff to play with on the eurostar lol!

#12 ·
Back from the DPSG, er... Paris trip. Got to the shop, they had an amazing selection, walls of hardbaits, walls of SPs etc All pricey! I was warned though! Their English wasn't good, my French is cr@p so I had struggle asking them for hitch hiker clips, eventually made some wiggling finger motions into some senkos and they understood enough to tell me they were sold out. :sad: :bangin:
Great place to have a look, they had a load of quality rods, many red ones... I also noticed a black Tenryu :shock::shock::shock: think it was called a Black Bomber, I'm not sure cos I was being dragged away by the missus!

#14 ·
Im there for a stop over on the way to nantes, wonder if it would be easy to find from the paris nord station?
It's not really difficult, I've been looking just now. From Gar du Nord get the metro line 4 (purple) direction Port d'Orleans 1 stop to Gare de L'est.

Then change to Line to line 7 (pink) southwards to Opera then change to line 8 (light purple) direction Balard.

Get off at La Tour Maubourg and it's across the road on what must be Rue de Grenelle.

As far as I could find out, the official address is 45 Boulevard de La Tour Maubourg, 75007 Paris 9 (copy and paste that into Google maps) but that's a showroom I was told after knocking (it's got huge fish in the window - easy to spot!). They are only 50 metres apart though.

#15 ·
Ok, that sounds like an adventure rather than directions Tim! Thanks for the help, im sure i'll find it, any idea how long that all takes to get there? And what did you think of the shop?

Never mind the last bit Tim, thats sounds like the place for me, I did say i wasnt going to take my cc to nantes but I never said anything about Paris:)

#23 ·
Just seen they've got the TKF 130 Auy in stock!!!

Pricey though......do i want a couple in my box that much???? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.