·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy cow KEITH & KEV.... Well done guys thats some session you had ,

waiting for part 2 :spoo:
It was Bob, cheers m8.
Today was simply awesome too.
I reckon my braid is grooving out the bail arm ...

We lost count at about 40 fish today. Some went 4lb, av maybe 1 3/4lb Pollack.
Mackerel, Wrasse and Bass added to what could have been 60 or 70 Pollack made it another LRF/HRF session to remember.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant day out guys!!!

Stupid question alert....: since I can't find it, although I've probably read about it, what's KVD?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Bloody hell !!!!! Guys that is just simply awesome !!!!

Checking travel plans now ;)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't tell you in public Ben. Waiting for our 'Friend' to say he's been doing it for 'years'. Then we can ask him what it means.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Can't tell you in public Ben. Waiting for our 'Friend' to say he's been doing it for 'years'. Then we can ask him what it means.
:muttley:

I wish we had places here where we had proper current to look at to concentrate fish and make targetting an area more clear-cut (once you have an understanding of watercraft). Catches like this are amazing.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are doing a DVD Ben and method video. This stuff is destined to put more fish on the bank for everyone.
Even my youngest kid had 15 Rockfish Sunday !

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Great fishing I am determined to try and get my method right it takes a lot of getting use to after being so use to winding in and casting out all the time

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's related to US large and smallmouth Bass guys. End of clues.

It's method that we have adapted and developed for use in saltwater.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it takes a lot of getting use to after being so use to winding in and casting out all the time
Like anything Alan, it's not always immediately apparent and, these techniques are very counter intuitive.
It's starting to look like we've been seriously missing out on what is proving to be quite awesome fishing.

From a boat, well....

The method would quite simply be devastating if the time was taken to master it.
Paul B is the man with the skills and the boat so I'm keen to see how forthcoming afloat HRF / LRF sessions go.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
try lighter heads Alan.

Just keep the line under tension, not tight as the lure falls.
Feel for little taps and knocks. That is the essence of it really and the takes could be 6oz Pollack or 14lb Bass.
Don't strike too hard but DO strike at everything. If you do not know what you jig is doing, Strike ! from the wrist.

Angry fish, braid + aggressive strike = broken off and lost fish/time.

Good luck.

7 to 10g in 15 mtrs or less.

·
Registered
519 Posts
try lighter heads Alan.

Just keep the line under tension, not tight as the lure falls.
Feel for little taps and knocks. That is the essence of it really and the takes could be 6oz Pollack or 14lb Bass.
Don't strike too hard but DO strike at everything. If you do not know what you jig is doing, Strike ! from the wrist.

Angry fish, braid + aggressive strike = broken off and lost fish/time.

Good luck.

7 to 10g in 15 mtrs or less.
adjust your weight including sp to depth and current

kev

1 - 20 of 38 Posts