The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a few little sessions over the past couple of days, Yesterday I dropped the missus off at work and 5 minutes later I was down on the straits with a Xlayer. Beautiful morning but unfortunately no takes, tried xlayers and sluggos with varying weights starting to really get the feel with these things.

Later that day I headed across the island to a rock mark that I know produces bass over the start of the flood and by this time It was already half way up but I wanted to play about with a new deep diving lure "live -x revenge" and there would be a good 4-5m deep water over some broken ground so maybe some wrasse and pollock lurking down there. So I had a bit of a play about with the new lure and had a few pollock one was nearly 1.5lb. Then had a go with some HRF I had nearly 10 Pollock over the next 2 hours ranging from 5" long tiddlers to a lovely fish of 2lb which gave a really decent fight on the Shimano Dropshot.

Today I was down the Lleyn doing a little survey and conveniently it was 5 miles from the "guaranteed bass here" mark :) This place fishes better with a bit of swell, and on the flood, today it was ebbing at least 1/2 way down and pretty calm, going against the rules I had a bash anyway and within 10 minutes BANG a nice bass hit my zonk and gave the fight of a fish at least twice its size!! It was a nice 2.5lb. Carried on for another hour but had no further action.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
You sneaky bugger!welldone mate...i love sneaky seshes....feel one comin on!!!!
cheers daz,ps give us a bell for sunday.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice fishing! They do seem to be punching above their weight at the moment.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Great stuff Fin, well done!
Nice too here there are still a few about I was worried the easterlies had curtailed are season.
You joining us on Sunday mate?
Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
well done fin, had computer problems for a week or so, so only just got round to saying good work !!! ....theres plenty of fish about at the moment........and regarding the easterlies i had 6 fish upto 5lb off the top yesterday ,lost another three and had umpteen boils /follows standing in a stiff cold easterley with white horses on top of the waves and 50/50 clarity, rules are there to be broken........just come back from the same mark,only 3 fish today around the 2.5 lb mark, lost a real biggun after 5 min fight when it went round a big clump of bladder wrack 15 ft infront of me.......... maybe tomorrow will finally get that pb !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts