The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After losing two good fish due to poor Hook hold today, have changed the trebles on the patchinko wonder if anyone else has had this when using this lure. Okay at first when catching smaller fish. but into the bigger ones now! and feel more confident with new trebles.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Tis an odd one I must admit. The Decoys on them are some of the best i know of?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I lost a lunker on mine the other day! Wondered if it was the small hooks, maybe just unlucky?
Do you wait too find out?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I tried swapping the decoys for owner ST46's, after dropping a couple of good fish. The result however was a reduced hook up rate, and much reduced landing rate. I have gone back to Decoys. Your always going drop some fish, through weak hook holds. Especially when fishing topwaters, from my testing it really isn't the fault of the hook, quite the opposite in this case.

Reactions: Nathan Bell

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iam now convinced the small size of the decoys on the patchinko 100 is to blame, I have changed to a larger treble with a longer shank!! The verdict is out, if this will be better.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I really like the hooks on the patch 100s and the hook-up rate has been very good for me. Most of my bass on the small patchinkos have been small though so maybe the hooks are just not big enough to hold bigger bass? The ones on the full size patchinkos are great too, and i've not lost any fish from those.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I've yet to take a fish over 3lb on my one, so couldn't say for the larger fish. They are small hooks, but I'd have thought the almost turned in points and semi circle curve would counteract the size?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts