The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been ignoring the hard lures recently and lures all together to be honest, I've been taking a few of the lads fishing and lures are a no go as a beach caster just won't cut it, plus the word braid is a mystery to them. I've managed to get some "alone time" and as it’s been a while thought I'd get my surface lures and plugs together then hit a beach and get back into the swing of things.

It’s a bit windy here at the mo and I just wanted to check if my technique for a Patchinko was correct, as the wind made it a nightmare to see the lure behind the waves. What I do is a couple of short jerks/twitches then let the lure sit, what I was unsure of is how long to leave it and if you should do a number of jerks and winds then let it sit?

Just generally interested in how other use them, as I’m new to Patchinko's, but I'll be using them in future. Despite the wind, the things cast like a demon, managed to cast exactly where I wanted every time.

Sorry if this has been asked previously, I did have a look and couldn't see any previous posts.

Cheers!

Jay

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Jay,
The Patchinko can be worked so many ways and thats the secret finding which way on the day works. Twitching is one of the many ways mate..It is ideal for walking the dog, can pop / spit if jerked, reeling in gently in calm conditions it lays a nice vee in the water, reeling it in reasonable fast can get it working just under the surface. My suggestion to you is to play with it as you are and try everything you can think of.. then the hard bit ...figuring out which if any of those techniques will get the fish interested......Hope that helps a little anyway..... If the sea conditions are too rough you might want to go sub surface as they tend to work better if it gets too bad...... :-D:-D:-D:-D

BTW nice avatar

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Trev, the rough conditions were one of the problems I had the other day, I couldn't see what the lure was doing exactly. Well not until it was about 6 feet away from me, got a trip planned with the lads tom, so whilst their doing that other type of fishing we don't mention here, I might just have a play around and see how to work the lure. If I get a fish in the process it'll be a bonus!

The Avatar is my little man in his England kit (that actually fits him now, unlike then!), unfortunately that was for the first game against the USA in the world cup. We never won a game when he wore that kit, still looked good tho!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jay, you could really surprise them if the wond's not too strong and take a beachcaster to hurl the patchinko out with... Would make them look if nothing else!

One thing I did read somewhere was that when the weather is rough, then thats when you will need a noisier, flashier lure. Kinda like trying to be heard over a room full of people talking. You want the bass to "hear" yours. I bought a couple of Z claws a few weeks back and they worked really well in the rough we had here the last week or so. Mind you, choppy water here is not like choppy water there. For a start, ours looks like oxtail soup!!
:)

Reactions: JP Coutanche

·
Registered
268 Posts
Or the No Alibi...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts