patxchinko repair ??? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

patxchinko repair ???

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Striper

got a fair few patchinkos thatve sprung a leak any one know if they leak in the same place ?? or done repairs, 3 cabots a leiu and a ghost silver.

any advise much appreciated.

2. Sea Trout

mine did the same (smashed into a rock once too often), it seemed to start sinking a bit more than usual after it had been used for a few casts. I shoved some superglue in all the potential leaking points, it does seem to have helped, tho iv only done the one session since. annoyingly my komono2 has done the same thing, again my fault, i actually bent the hook attachment point it hit a rock so hard... ooops

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pollock

Try clear shrink wrap, a friend of mine used it on a diawa saltiga with great success.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pollock

I had a lure that was taking on water. Dried it our for a week and then gave it a couple coats of clear nail varnish(extra on likely leaky bits). Seems to have worked.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pike

Buy cheap lures ,catch bass, and chuck em away when the leak..thats my approach.

But two pack waterproof epoxy glue might do it..or high build epoxy varnish what rod builders use for whippings.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mackerel

Matt, that new Cabot I had the last time we fished together sprung a leak and flaked off alot of it's finish after 2 sessions.
    Mick at Mr Fish said the cabot is prone to this and he actually stopped stocking it for a while but started again due to demand.
    He also said all patchs are pressure tested at the factory.
    To his credit, he replaced mine FOC and I went for the one you were using. Can't remember the name off hand.

7. Striper

hello owen im refitting mine this week end hammered them open wd40ed all the crap out with mrs toothbrush and sorting out the finish, cabot refit, be tough as old boots m8