The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early start today,up before the sun,coffee and off to East Coast.3 guys out already which I hadn't met before.Simon,Edward and Dave.Few small fish around 2.5 lbs,had 4 of them just as the tide turned.Moved into the run which was pushing nicely at this stage.

Had a fish of approx 4lbs.

Dave,Simon and Edward all dropped some nice fish.Daves coming off right at his kayak with a straightened treble,bummer.

All went quiet with the darker water moving in,and loads of weed.Thought I would persisit for a while which paid off with this PB of 8 lbs 3 oz.Caught on the drop in a shallow,fast run.

Heres one of the fish on the release,nice shot Edward.

All fish caught on the same SP.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Brilliant fish mate, cracking photo the release one :) same as me yesterday sticking to the one lure....what SP is it mate??

Cracking session!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful Bass, and Congrats on upping your PB.
Looks like a great day to be out on a Yak.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Nice one Stephen

Is that one of the new weighted redgills??? How were you fishing it normally ie trolling or casting & retrieving from the drifting kayak???

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff on the PB Stephen, very well done :-D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice one Stephen

Is that one of the new weighted redgills??? How were you fishing it normally ie trolling or casting & retrieving from the drifting kayak???
Yes its the weighted type.In current flow I'm casting across and using sink and draw method, most fish seem to be in the middle half of the water column and the redgill suits that type of fishing(weight wise on the drop)

In Shallow water using a slow straight retrieve with occasional twich.

Seems to be working

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Great fish Stephen, I'd love one that size from the kayak. Those lures seem to be doing the business out that way at the moment.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done cracking fish!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts