The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had little luck around my neck of the woods, I decided to take the tackle with me on what's become the annual family holiday to Pembroke. Family had a great time and just to top it, the fishing was excellent:

Monday 26th July (am)

A 5am start resulted in 5 bass falling to the chub bug and the dexter easy walker.

Tuesday 27th July (am)
Same venue, same time and again managed 5 bass. Better stamp of fish from the previous morning, but having reached my tally for the previous day and then proceeding to lose by favourite chug bug, I deceided to call it day. Whilst trudging back from the mark, temptation got the better of me and I decided to have a couple of throws off a rock outcrop that looked promising. First cast with the zonk resulted in a good fish of 63cm. Fish hit the lure so hard that the rod tip came apart!!

Thursday 29th July (pm)
Having purchased a new tsunami popper and tip ring, it was back to the same venue on an evening tide.
Two locals were already at the mark and were having great success with redgills under bubble floats. It was literally a fish per cast at one point for the locals. Ended up with 4 more bass on the new popper.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Nice one emyr,great report.it is slow up here at the mo,saying that i had 7 yesterday but only up to 3lb.It will switch on im sure.Im on the way down that way next weekend for two weeks so hopefully carry on where you left off lol,cheers daz

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Emyr, great report and pics, thanks for sharing :-D

·
Registered
48 Posts
sounds like you had a realy good week down the i really like the look of some of the marks down near pembroke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts