The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

The Pembrokeshire Lure Festival, Friday 17th - Sunday 19th June, is the UK's ONLY weekend long, Lure only (inc SWFF / LRF), catch & release species hunt to have three competitions running over the same weekend: shore, boat, kayak (Saltwater) plus a wildcard Predator challenge & a longest Pike section aswell. Location: ALL of Pembrokeshire, (Private & commercial charter vessels welcome).

Last year the majority of the boat section was local boats or boats berthed / moored locally, however this year it would be great if there were some visiting boaters prepared to make the trip for the weekend, or anglers simply coming to fish from the many charter vessels which operate from the areas ports, Marinas & harbours.

NEW for 2016 weekend is a fixed shore section venue, a local venue that can only be fished during an organised competition. The venue is Fishguard's Private & outer breakwater, ideally suited to LRF / species hunting due to the large boulders used as the sea defense. The breakwater is only open to shore section, however, anglers in will be able to enter the shore section for just Friday if they wished to fish from the shore on day 1, or as most do, sign in for two sections for the weekend giving the opportunity to fish from shore & boat over the whole weekend. Only anglers who pre pay online will be able to access the breakwater. Pre pay open on 1.2.16. If that sounded complicated(!), drop us an email.

if you are a boat owner, and a weekend road trip to Pembrokeshire sounds interesting, we can advise on all boat section entry requirements, free and low charge launching points, fuel points, boat section rules etc.

Please see the festival thread here: http://www.thelureforum.com/threads/pembrokeshire-lure-festival-2016.35155/

Festival Website here: www.lurepembrokeshire.co.uk

Email: [email protected]

thanks

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an invitation to join the festival thread and posted in a specific section which relates directly to boat & kayak anglers, of which we accommodate both within the festival. There wont be anymore posts unless there is a reply here. When agreeing to sponsor your site, i was informed specific & relevant posts only, well i think that is what i have done. When you have £10k invested in an angling festival which is a relevantly new date in the angling calendar on a forum ypur not to sure who reads what, accept my sincere appologies for making sure every one is on the same page.

·
1,866 Posts
1. If I posted on this Forum like that. Would get a warning fired at me.
2. It's not my Forum
3. I don't really care anyway. I rarely login anymore as there is to much turmoil & change for my liking.
4. If Admin don't like this feel free to delete my account.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Sean is right here. The way this works is you choose your area to post a thread, not wallpaper the whole forum with repeats of the same basic thread.
In this case as its not clear whether its advertising or information primarily James, you could use the new sponsor zone, or the festivals/bumbles area.
I also dont think its helpful to take such a combatitive tone with Sean, when he,s made a fair point, and your reason for posting like this is opaque to say the least.
Do I need you to give me this information in 4 different places? No. Do you need to maximise your advertising coverage? yes.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a new sponsor of this forum and its a simple invite to join a conversation in the sponsor section (i pay for this by the way) where there will be a mass of info being added over next few weeks,.i have had numerous interested messages from other forum members who are happy that an invitation has been made to another more detailed and specific section, and understand why i have done so, and have no issues or problems with it. Admin has no issues either & do you see any additional posts since that the initial invitation has been sent out?

With a 3 day angling festival, with three separate & industry sponsored angling competitions, with a specific target audience, it was felt necessary to cover all bases initially and then continue in the sponsor forum and festival section, due in part to the sheer volume of info that is shortly about to be added.

I need to give info in any place i feel is appropriate and within the admin guidelines set out here - which by the way we have. i appologise if we upset anybody in doing so, but it is always polite to ask rather than assume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts