The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nipped out for a quick jaunt down West again today (based on the chocolate report that Hywel posted yesterday :shock:)
Fished some corking grounds before LW but nothing showing apart from the seals again :-x:-x
We trekked over to mark2 and to our amazment, it was seal-free :-D and looking real good :wackit:
Couple of casts later and FISH ON

And then this one

Fish fell to a modified Hart worm.......cause he'd run out of xlayers :-o:-?:-o, very soon after Mr Seal arrived.....does anyone else reckon they feel the vibration from distressed fish that are being played? every time I get a fish to the shore......one of these seals turn up, as if on cue :sad:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
That's more like it Si...Pops showing you the way again........

Nice photo's Si.......:-D:-D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
cracking photos there mate, and good session then? Not sure on the seals though i have experienced this in the past in the plymouth marks on occassion so you could be onto something.
Or where the hooks has pierced obviously releasing some blood into the water i am not sure on the scent ability for seals. :wink: but if they are attuned to it the blood would draw them in in quick time.

I noticed the same thing in Canada when pike fishing, had a particulaty deep hooked one revived in the water and 3 minutes later 20 seasl moving in on our marks.
Only difference there is they have a serious seal problem, so they shoot x ammount to cull the population.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You made the right choice in going West Si and Jeff. Surfed Mussel Beds and PR yesterday. Small and clean but really coloured. The inside of PR was ultra shallow before moving spots and even in a foot of water you couldn't see the bottom ! Nice session again. I think Adam and I will be going West this week for a session, cause Gower looks like it might be coloured for the week with further swells due.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surfed Mussel Beds and PR yesterday.
Blimey Mike, I'd forgotten Mussel Beds existed........it used to be the hard-core venue for those of 'receeding hairline' who couldn't paddle fast enough to snag a peak on PR's or Boilers amongst the crowds ;) Glad your still on it mate :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Blimey Mike, I'd forgotten Mussel Beds existed........it used to be the hard-core venue for those of 'receeding hairline' who couldn't paddle fast enough to snag a peak on PR's or Boilers amongst the crowds ;) Glad your still on it mate :D
Forgotten Mussel Beds - bet you've fished it !. When its as big a tide as yesterday, it's only a choice of Boilers, Port Eynon Point (and somewhere not too far away !), Sumpters (Mal essential !) and Mussel Beds. I surfed PR yesterday, but with the big tide it started getting more than a little sketchy and forced the move to Mussel Beds. With all the surf my fishing has been non existent. Itching to go now !! Below is a photo of Frenchy getting slotted at Mussel Beds last winter. Oh and check out all those Mussel Beds Boils in the background.....Bass heaven !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terrific shot of the frenchman - hence my post about receeding hairlines ;) I lost the top 8" of my RC flyer to the sketchy shallows at PRs a good few years ago, surfed there with RJ and Dave Dale.....scarey stuff, but we made of sterner stuff ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts