The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matched my new Penn conflict to the Akilas mobile after a tip off about how strong they were. After some impressive fights from 4 nice Wrasse at the weekend I am pretty impressed, I have used most of the usual lure reels around nowadays but have a good feeling about this one :) Only the first outing but very happy so far .

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
They are loved over the pond in the states for how robust they are, I was thinking about getting one for fishing big seas or deep wading, any chance you could pop a couple of picks so I can see the line lay and rough size. Thanks

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Thanks Neil line lay looks good and the reels looks a lot cooler/modern than any other penn reels I have seen, very like the quantum smokes. Keep us updated

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep bang up to date , well made large diameter spindle to take the strain and as you say line lay is fine , had one wind knot to start but bedded down great after a few chucks with a metal

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Aaron, Alittle heavier than the Rarenium but kind of hard to match robust and well engineered I think , did think the same in the shop but totally sold on it now , balances my Akilas really well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts