The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any views on this reel. Veals match it with a Teklon Concept802 ML. I am seriously looking at the rod anyway and they are doing a deal.
My moto which I always ignore is , buy it nice or buy it twice!
So reading between the lines I presently have an unsuitable rod and a crap reel. The future rod should be ok but I would like to get a reasonably priced, decent reel. It is on offer, but that doesn't make it right, it would be easy to get the pair so I wandered if anyone had any burning issues with this reel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Danny, can't help with the Pfluegar but I looked at this reel some time ago. Veals also had the Penn Affinity 4000 available at about a tenner more which I went for instead. The Penn really is a good piece of kit that I would recommend for that price range. The downside is you will probably have to get one from the States, but there are good deals even with postage (I've just typed it into Google.) The upside is that Penn Servicing had, recently, plenty of spare spools left that they were selling at £5 each (which were ironically £30 each before the model was discontinued.) Penn contact for spools is Mr Simons on 01386 552949. Worth ringing him for an opinion and to check if the spools are still available if, like me, 2 spools aren't quite enough. For what it's worth, I also brought an AF1000 based on how happy I was with the bigger model. Sorry if I've thrown in an option you could've done without, but thought it worth mentioning.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've not seen the Infusion, but I have a Supreme and love it. Got my eye on the 2011 model with 2 braid spools, sealed carbon drag system and only $150 (about £100) Linky

I guess that doesn't help really though!!

·
Banned
792 Posts
have two supremes (30 and 35er size), too. Very nice reels for the price.
Offer my reserve in classifieds combined with a savagear Bushwhacker.

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Danny,
I have the Infusion 4000 and bought it with the Teklon 832, although I don't use it as much as I did but that's because I tend to fish lighter. It is a solid well made bit of kit and can take a bit of punishment, its my bad weather plugging reel now. For the money the Infusion gives a good dependable reel, for about 3 three months I fished most days with it and have no complaints.
I have to say I now prefer a 3000 size because I fish mostly sp's and a 4000 feels quite big but thats just me.
I don't have that much experience so I can't really say how it compares with others for the price, but I definitely feel that it was good value for money and certainly don't regret buying it.
I hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Thats the beauty of living on an island, no taxes like that to worry about, though it doesn't stop them from holding it up while they think about it.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Well I ordered a Pfleuger Supreme XT from the US last night. £87 all in!! Will report back when it gets here...
Andy, a friend told me its only a color change...
Youve got the pflueger supreme in silver also?
I have a nib (reserve) size 30 and a size 35 to give away in classifieds...

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Not just the colour according to the specs. the XT apparently has 2 braid specific spools and a sealed carbon drag system. I'll find out when the postie arrives...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts