The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if these are available in the UK but I've just taken delivery of 2.1m Trion for less than $100, less than 60 quid even at current (crap) exchange rate.

Looks a lovely little bit of kit - anybody any experience of these rods.

I went for a two piece 2-4kg rated, with a Stradic 2500, some 6lb braid and away to go!

Oh Happy Day!

p.s. Stupid questions coming up...
What are they actually measuring when they talked about 2-4kg? Secondly does anybody know the 'rating' of my rodbar 270?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Greg,
The 2-4kg is the line rating, so your 6lb braid is spot on-Nice size kit for tons of fish around sydney. Flathead, bream, and a whole heap of others. just grab some 2-4" SP and some light jigheads. Careful how you handle those flatties!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg,
The 2-4kg is the line rating, so your 6lb braid is spot on-Nice size kit for tons of fish around sydney. Flathead, bream, and a whole heap of others. just grab some 2-4" SP and some light jigheads. Careful how you handle those flatties!!
Mate, they love SP's over here, you can buy them in the supermarket and so I'm well ahead of the curve on that one. Several packet of various worms, minnows, shrimps have been sneaked into the house hidden amongst the veggies!
Gulp Alive - $5 a pack!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts