The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a night yak plug, just a schoolie, a pollack and a squid unfortunately.

But whilst out there I saw loads of phosphorescent blobs on the surface.

Nothing like as much as I've seen in the summer when you agitate the water, but it made me think.

Do baitfish agitate phosphoresence, do bass (or other fish) home in on it, do plugs/sp agitate it too, can it be a weapon?? :laserswords:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Do baitfish agitate phosphoresence, do bass (or other fish) home in on it, do plugs/sp agitate it too, can it be a weapon??
At night, you can light up the water if you retrieve too fast. Bass too, moving fast, can leave green light trails.
I think it pays not, to agitate it.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Years ago when fishing Dungeness beach after storms we used to get phospherescent seaweed on our lines. If you squeezed it, it would glow even more then fade out completely. Used to freak us out especially with a nuclear power station right behind us!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
saltiga said:
Years ago when fishing Dungeness beach after storms we used to get phospherescent seaweed on our lines. If you squeezed it, it would glow even more then fade out completely. Used to freak us out especially with a nuclear power station right behind us!!!!
As long as when you got home, you still didn't glow when your misses gave you a squeeze, you should be OK !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts